News and notes from around the interweb:
- $1 trial Wall Street Journal subscription earns up to 1200 miles with your choice of programs.
- United’s new board chair is the former head of the FAA. Wasn’t one of the supposed objections that United, Delta, and American had to Emirates was the same people in charge of aviation policy were the people running the airlines..?
- Several airlines get an extension from China to erase references to Taiwan as a country Air France has made the change along with “Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa, British Airways, Malaysian Airlines, and Air Canada” while United and Qantas have received an extension of time.
- What it’s really like to work for Qatar Airways as cabin crew
- PayPal wants to become a consolidator of rewards points but we don’t know what they mean by that.
- Dallas has a plan to resolve the stalemate over gates at Love Field and nobody likes it. The solution is obviously, there were 32 gates at the airport, the federal government said there could only be 20 and now everyone is jockeying over those. Lift the cap and let anyone who wants to serve the airport serve the airport. Of course several of the airlines don’t want that either.