News and notes from around the interweb:
- British carrier Jet2 drops its mask mandate
- Airbnb Will Provide Free Temporary Stays for 100,000 Ukrainian Refugees no word on the cleaning fees. (HT: Paul H)
- Several readers sent me this Axios piece ‘Why airlines are going overboard to win your loyalty’ and itt’s a big ‘ol mess that doesn’t actually answer anything about ‘why?’ and just lists a whole bunch of stuff like Delta Buy Now, Pay Later, some minor frequent flyer partnerships, American Airlines loyalty points, and suggesting Untied is going the opposite direction of others by borrowing against the program and shopping around a minority stake. There’s no coherent or discernable point that I’ve been able to tell other than there’s lots of activity in loyalty.
- Three Ultra-Luxurious Cabin Concepts That Blur the Lines Between Jets and Superyachts (HT: Paul H)
- Puff Daddy’s son Quincy had a run-in with a JetBlue pilot that started over the size of his carry on bag.
- American Airlines doubled the base salary of Robert Isom (Dallas Morning News) as he prepares to become CEO. Doug Parker took $0 in base salary since 2015, getting paid only i stock. The AAL board also increased CFO Derek Kerr’s base salary by about 50% as he prepares to transition out of the role.