News and notes from around the interweb:
- 50,000 point initial bonus back on the Lufthansa credit card (HT: @IadisGR8)
- 30,000 point offer for the Amtrak Mastercard
- Delta really wants politicians and their staffs to like them. I’d like this airline so much more if they’d stick to making money by running a strong airline, rather than trying to shut down competitors and use government to raise prices, have politicians pick the pockets of consumers to give money to their shareholders.
- Total electrical failure meant this pilot had to inform air traffic control of an emergency landing via cell phone
- Qatar Airways will no longer offer first class awards on the London – Doha route. Qatar’s first class isn’t world class, though their business class product is one of the world’s best. Hard to imagine I’d ever want to redeem for this, but for Qatar’s Privilege Club members it’s another kick in the teeth after adding fees and raising award prices.
- 1500 AAdvantage mile shopping portal bonus
- 30% bonus on purchased Virgin Atlantic miles through July 31