News notes from around the interweb:
- The reason carry on luggage became such a hassle
- Delta has completed its acquisition of a 20% stake in LATAM
- State of progress on the new concourse that replaces gate 35X at Washington’s National airport
- Qatar Airways flight attendants asking passengers inflight why they’re crediting miles to American AAdvantage instead of their own Privilege Club (which is a weak program almost beyond belief).
Curious QR experience- just wrapped up a MEL-LHR-MEL in J on QR. Purser approached me with detailed routing / date info of my last 4 RTs on QR (in J) this yr (to US and EU from AUS) trying to understand why I wouldn’t join QR Privilege Club. Very unusual. Any insights on this?
— Leo Fig (@TheTazLeo2) December 31, 2019
- Amtrak 1-2-3-Free is back (I like National Car Rental’s 1-2-Free better myself). Earn a free Acela roundtrip with 3 Acela roundtrips between January 2 and February 29. Redemption period is July 1 – August 31. 1-2-3-Free is available available on Northeast Regional, earning a free Northeast Regional trip, with the same dates. Registration required.
- Fewer than 100 bottles of champagne per day across all of their lounges worldwide just makes no sense.
We've popped 36,000 bottles of Champagne this year in our lounges. Happy New Year! How are you bringing in 2020? 🍾 pic.twitter.com/uo9RDGH8of
— Qantas (@Qantas) December 31, 2019