News and notes from around the interweb:
- Informed guesses on when Southwest will start service to the new cities they’ve announced
- 12 minute Covid tests are being rolled out to UK pharmacies scale that, and if countries would accept the test, we could start flying the world again.
- Video review of the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 restaurant experience.
- American Airlines talks about how their Charlotte and Dallas Fort-Worth hubs are operating close to how things were before Covid, driving the airline’s connectivity. A full Charlotte airport doesn’t have the physical capacity to make much distancing possible though.
Thank you @CLTAirport, @charlottenc @FAANews @AmericanAir for not enforcing the mask mandate. It was fun hearing people cough, that wet phlegmy gagging cough.@CDCgov @CDC_eHealth @COVID19Tracking @CovidActNow I cannot figure out why America can’t control Covid-19 pic.twitter.com/AAERHZ7nbM
— People Watcher (@PeopleWatchingU) October 17, 2020
- The Holiday Inn Holidome, the hotel amusement park of yesterday
- I’ll put $2000 spend on my Marriott Amex over the next two months for 12x earn (2x for regular spend but 10x bonus on exactly $2000 spent):