I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Austin airport today, 9/11. Sound on, press play.
- American’s wholly owned regional carrier Envoy (which used to be called American Eagle before that became the umbrella brand for all its express carriers) is closing its New York LaGuardia and JFK bases. Expectation is that American shifts some New York slots to JetBlue as part of their new partnership.
- Air France will install first class on its Airbus A350s
- Plaza Premium lounge is open near gate E31 at Dallas Fort-Worth airport their first lounge in the U.S.. The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders can access the lounge. It’s pay-in as well, and I expect it to be added to Priority Pass. And there’s still plans to open in terminal D.
- Singapore Airlines will operate 3 hour flights to nowhere for people who miss going to the airport and flying, and customers may be able to use government-provided tourism credits to pay for their flights.