News and notes from around the interweb:
- Will we see a hotel breakfast renaissance? (HT: @joesentme) The argument seems to be breakfast isn’t as staff-intensive as housekeeping, people care more about breakfast than housekeeping (we’re slobs), and people care about food and they care about free.
Seared foie gras with eggs at the St. Regis Bali
- My experience last month was that a shopping portal transaction extended my expiring miles by two years giving me a July, 2023 deadline to use my points, even though officially only flights and co-brand credit card earning are supposed to do this. While others have had mixed success, a made an American Express transfer and this also extended my miles again giving me an August, 2021 expiry date.
- United ‘testing’ return of predeparture beverages in first class on two routes, and limited to water, orange juice, and sparkling wine.
- Avianca Banks on United Airlines Partnership in Bankruptcy Exit Plan
- A suite with a full gym, basketball court, and shooting range. Is that more impressive than this suite with an elevator inside the room?
The BADDEST hotel room I have ever stayed in. The Post Oak in Houston TX