News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here primarily for your safety: Virgin America’s flight attendants will vote this summer on unionization
- Innovate or die? That scary near-collision between a United 737 and an ExpressJet ERJ-145 last month. In many ways it amazes me that the manual process we use for air traffic control doesn’t lead to more problems than it does, and also that we still centralize air traffic control with such a human process.
- Innovation carries risks, too: Credit card chip and PIN vulnerabilities.
- Some things in life are (almost) free: How to earn miles buying gift cards and get the money back into your bank account.
- But alcohol should be free: Uber in London is delivering free Cuba Libre cocktails on demand tomorrow.
- Get your elite status for nothing and your double EQMs for free: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan is offering double elite qualifying miles on all Salt Lake City flights between June 9 and August 1, and on nonstop Seattle – Detroit flights between September 2 and October 31. Registration required prior to travel. ::Delta:: ::cough:: ::Delta: