New and notes from around the interweb:
- New routes and ways to spend miles 6 things American Airlines revealed to employees (my Forbes.com column)
- Marijuana found growing on DFW airport property American Airlines flight 420 does depart Denver, but it doesn’t head to Dallas, pot isn’t allowed there. (Clever flight numbers aren’t an accident at American.)
- Southwest Airlines says they’ll consider codesharing with other airlines and attributes this to their new-ish reservations system, though of course Southwest has had codeshares in the past (e.g. ATA’s Hawaii flights before that carrier went into bankruptcy).
- Hotel occupancy is down slightly if this continues eventually we could see decent hotel promos to put heads back in beds.
- The first female captain at American Airlines was flying on 9/11
Ladies and gentlemen, this is Captain Bev speaking. There’s been a crisis in the United States and all of the US airspace is closed. We’re going to be landing our aeroplane in Gander, in Newfoundland…”