News and notes from around the interweb:
- Last day to enter by leaving a comment in my big hotel points giveaway courtesy of the Mobile Suites app.
- Lawsuit against Southwest Airlines over the Companion Pass: Man sues because his purchases on the Southwest co-brand credit card made after his statement cutoff date in early December didn’t post until January 2015 — and didn’t count — even though his spending occurred in 2014.
- The new United.com, that was supposed to launch in 2013, may launch in summer 2015. “”We didn’t want to be date-driven.”
- Hotels putting RFID chips in their towels. Some may know when you take the towels off-property. Time for another towel amnesty?
- The homeless couple that live at Heathrow. Of course there’s about fifty homeless living at Frankfurt.
- Over the summer I asked “Is the A380 a failure?” In December Airbus had a dust up with the largest A380 operator Emirates over too-candid comments that they’re considering ending the proram. Now comes projections that heavy maintenance will run $7 billion on 150 A380s over the next 4 years, or nearly double what United and Delta spend on maintenance for their entire fleets combined. Development of an A380neo makes no sense.