News and notes from around the interweb:
- A 747 Carried 2 Beluga Whales From China To Iceland
- Norwegian is looking to partner with other airlines to provide connecting feed which also adds cost and complexity to the model.
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Hyatt is launching a new brand in China I guess UrCove isn’t as bad as Explorist, Bonvoy, or the new BB&T-Suntrust bank name Truist.
- American has a new tool to solicit bids from volunteers for bump (voluntary denied boarding) compensation which helps the airline control its costs. That will expand to become available at AA.com “starting later this summer.”
- Garuda Indonesia will let you use miles to buy up to higher elite status (use Google translate). A non-status member can upgrade to Silver for just 4000 miles, and Garuda is a Citi transfer partner.
- I thought that settling strikes would mean the end of Marriott housekeeping leafleting rooms criticizing ‘Make a Green Choice’ but it’s apparently still going on.
— Matt Baylow (@MattBaylow) June 21, 2019