Shortly after Hyatt introduced a lucrative partnership with MGM hotels giving them a footprint in Las Vegas and members an option to earn and redeem points, earn elite status, and receive status benefits at casino resort properties Starwood introduced a more limited partnership with Caesars.
- You can earn up to 10 elite night credits per year with Caesars properties (but not stay credits)
- While there’s reciprocal earn and burn there wasn’t reciprocal elite recognition
That’s now changed.
Starwood Platinum members who are register for the SPG/Total Rewards partnership can sign up for VIP Access with Caesars.
To sign up, show your Platinum card at the Total Rewards Center at Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace or The Cromwell in Las Vegas.
Here are the benefits:
- VIP line access for hotel check-in
- VIP line access at participating restaurants
- VIP line access for taxis and entertainment venues
- Preferred entry into participating Las Vegas nightclubs
- Pool access at all Las Vegas resorts
- Priority lines at casino cages and the Total Rewards Center
Starwood is promoting their Caesars relationship with ‘up to’ 40% off redemptions if you book stays by June 14 (and stay through February 2016).
This can be a decent deal over a weekend when Vegas rates are high, and is a terrible deal generally during the week when paid rates are low.
(HT: Loyalty Lobby)