News and notes from around the interweb:
- Starwood has added Avianca’s LifeMiles as an airline partner. It’s not a good idea to transfer Starpoints to LifeMiles, the Star Alliance airline program sells their miles too cheap, but it’s striking to see continued added Starwood-Airline partnerships like Aegean for instance and especially as the Marriott merger approaches closing. Hopefully these partnerships will survive – and strong transfer rates survive – the merger.
- With Marriott’s acquisition of Starwood, they’ve got 30 brands which is crazy. Most of their members won’t even know when and where they can give their Marriott Rewards number. Skift explains each of their 30 brands. Some of them need to be consolidated.
View of the Marriott Boca Raton from the Renaissance Boca Raton
- Apparently the Greyhound Road Rewards site offers good hotel discounts
- India’s government declares that passengers may “not indulge in photography while embarking/disembarking from the aircraft.” Photos or video inflight that outrage the modesty of a woman are already against the law there.
- Effective October 15, 2016, Alaska Mileage Plan elite members will only be able to upgrade companions on the same record locator
- In many ways Singapore Airlines has the best service in the air, are they considering ground services to match?
Singapore Airlines First Class Check-in, Singapore
- American’s new uniform photo shoot: