News and notes from around the interweb:
- That first first class experience is always special. My first was Los Angeles – Washington Dulles on United over 20 years ago, it was an internationally-configured Boeing 777. The appetizer was almond-dusted shrimp and my entree was a steak. I had a couple of cocktails and didn’t want the flight to end.
- Pakistan International Airlines has fired 50 employees, including 3 pilots, for fake high school diplomas (HT: Jackie Reddy)
- Delta Tells St. Martin Citizen Their Ticket Home Isn’t Eligible for Visa-Free Travel He’s from the French side of St. Martin, the airport is on the Dutch side, and he’s told he can stay only 3 months without a visa — so the airline changed his return ticket to comply with their made up interpretation of visa rules.
- DC United captain Wayne Rooney arrested at Dulles airport for public intoxication
- Qatar Airways double miles and elite qualifying miles for premium cabin tickets, 50% bonus for economy. Book January 7 – February 28 for travel through August 31, registration required by March 5. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- A family lost their GoPro camera on an American Airlines flight. It had their final images and memories of the woman killed by a falling tree in a national park. Kudos to American Airlines who not only found the camera but hand delivered it.
.@AmericanAir UPDATE: We just got the @GoPro thanks to Ms. Rebecca Burt of American Airlines who flew from Midland to DFW to hand deliver it to us. God bless you and your team! pic.twitter.com/4rcl9VC0mi
— Aysha Moosa (@AMoosa925) January 6, 2019
View this post on Instagram
So rad! This airplane is equipped with a sock drying holder!! ✈️🧦👣😂 #socksaturday 🤷🏼♀️ • • • #passengershaming #flyingfeet #NOPE #instagramaviation #airplaneetiquette #frequentflyer #crewlife #sassystew #aviation #cabincrew #avgeek #cabincrewlife #flightattendant #flightattendantlife #stewardess #flightattendantproblems #travel #flightattendants #instapassport #aviationgeek #FAlife #airtravel #travelgram #traveltips #pilot #pilotlife #travelling #frequentflier #socks