News notes from around the interweb:
- The hotel revenue upcycle is over
- South African travel agency stops selling tickets on South African Airways because of the fragile condition of the airline.
- Air India pilot forced to remove turban at Madrid airport
- Interesting 15 year old PBS documentary on credit cards (“Secret History of Credit Cards”). Elizabeth Warren is featured as a critic. (HT: Sexy_kitten7). How South Dakota and Delaware became big in credit cards. Ben Stein has a ton of credit cards. Why minimum payments fell.
- Alitalia’s unions want the government to nationalize the airline since private investors would insist on some rationalizing the carrier’s work rules, and nationalizing would mean the party goes on indefinitely (with subsidies).
- New Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview – Shows Inside of Cockpit