News and notes from around the interweb:
- Korean Air and Asiana earned second quarter profits because cargo, and aggressive cost cutting (like only having 30% of employees work at a time).
- Bali may delay its September 11 re-opening to tourism – to 2021.
- People are ordering airline food to eat on the ground didn’t they used to complain about the food?
- China Eastern has switched from offering an all you can fly pass for weekend travel hoping to fill planes with tourists to offering the pass for weekday travel hoping to stimulate business travel demand.
- This strategy for sneaking into a hotel is about one step removed from my two year old covering her eyes so I can’t see her. (HT: @smkeyes)
The woman was wearing #Seahawks gear in an attempt to disguise her as a player, I’m told. It did not work.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 13, 2020