News and notes from around the interweb:
- Denver spent $14.5 million on a big sign in a quest to generate ad dollars. In 2018 it grossed $21,000. Now it’s broken.
- What have you done for me lately? The journalist who coined the phrase “Spirit of Australia” is complaining his Chairmans Lounge access wasn’t renewed by Qantas. He’s 79 and no longer flies as often.
Qantas first class lounge, Sydney
- The world’s most secretive 737
- Use a hotel key as a stand to watch videos on your phone.
- You don’t really receive a lei when you step off a plane in Hawaii, but let’s say you did. What should they give in other states? Obviously in California it would be a bag of weed and a Prop 65 cancer warning. (HT: Joe H.)
Old hotel key cards: In Europe use them in those switches that require the key be inserted to turn the power on in the hotel room. Then you can charge your electronics while you are out.