News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Canada and Uber Canada have entered into a multi-year partnership. The first benefit is a 3, 6 or 12 month Uber Pass membership for Aeroplan co-brand cardmembers (varies by card) for $0 delivery fees, 5% off restaurant orders over $15 and discounts on Cornership grocery orders over $40.
The short-term duration of the Uber Pass tells me dollars are likely flowing from Uber to Air Canada, not the other way around for this, it’s a way Uber can market to Aeroplan card customers. Other partnership benefits are expected to follow.
- Class action lawsuit against American Airlines for charging checked bag fees to customers that should be receiving bags free or at least whose e-mail confirmations indicate a free bag allowance.
- British Airways Threatened Action Against Employee ‘Who Missed Work to Save Daughter’s Life’ sounds like the American Airlines sick leave policy.
- The current American Express Membership Rewards transfer bonus bonanza includes a bonus on transfers to Marriott Bonvoy, not a good deal, but it does make laundering Amex points through Marriott to United Airlines MileagePlus less bad (though still not good).
- The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad walk from SLC’s Concourse B “I had heard tales about “the tunnel,” but none of them prepared me mentally or emotionally or physically to make the trek”
- The top 10 greatest emergency landings