I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
New rewards credit card company Cardless has some strong new products, including one of the best no annual fee cards in the market. And now may be the best time to get two of their cards, because of a new offer that lets you earn up to 100,000 bonus points in your first year – indeed this amounts to earning up to 10% back on your spending for a year.
To qualify you need to,
- Make at least one transaction in each of your first 12 statement cycles
- Have account be in good standing (No defaults or late payments)
- Then they match the points you earn after your cardholder anniversary up to 100,000 points
The points matching even doubles category bonus earning, so where you’d normally earn 5x you earn 10x, and where you’d normally earn 3x you earn 6x. If you max out the offer in a 5x category, that amounts to a 10% return on spend which is incredible. Even standard 1X earning becomes 2% cash back on everything else – which is about as good as it gets for no-annual fee cards.
The Two Cards With 100,000 Point Spend Offers
Cardless currently offers 3 different rewards products, and the offer is available on two of them. I was going to be kicking myself if it was available for the Miami Marlins Credit Card since that’s the one I got without this offer attached.
It’s available, instead, on:
- Manchester United Credit Card (Review)
- Standard Earning: 5x on rideshare; 5x on streaming services (Netflix, Spotify, Apple Music, Hulu “and similar digital streaming services”); 5x at bars and restaurants on days that the team plays; 1x on everything else
- Statement credit: Each month you spend $500 on the card you earn a statement credit for reimbursement of charges for NBC Universal’s Peacock Premium service up to $5.00 for the coming month.
As a result, under this offer, the Manchester United Credit Card can be used to earn 10% back for a year on rideshare, streaming services, and at bars and restaurants on game days.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Credit Card
- Standard Earning: 5x on Cavs season tickets and on streaming services; 3x on other Cavs tickets, dining, grocery and delivery; 1x on everything else
- Experiential redemptions: such as “meeting your favorite players, team-signed balls and jerseys, or even being an honorary benchwarmer”
As a result, under this offer, the Cleveland Cavaliers Credit Card can be used to earn 6% back for a year on dining, grocery and delivery (not to mention the return actually spending with the Cavs).
Getting Approved For One Of These Cards
Cardless issues Mastercards that are available immediately on approval. You don’t wait for a physical card in the mail. If you lose your card, you don’t have to replace it and update all of the accounts (like Uber and Lyft) where your card is the default payment choice – because they don’t print account numbers on the card, when was the last time your card was run through an imprint machine that needed numbers on it?
Until July their products were only available for users in the Apple ecosystem, but Android has since launched, too. And Cardless products are great for actually getting approved.
- Cardless has built their own customer underwriting approval algorithm from scratch so they can outperform other issuers on approvals.
- Instead of funding transactions themselves, like a bank that issues cards generally does, they rely on external lending partners to cater to a broader customer base.
I’d give them a shot even if you aren’t getting approved for traditional rewards cards.