News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines poetry
- British Airways says Vantage XL will not be their new business class seat
- Fraud in the Amazon marketplace relevant to people who buy merchandise through shopping portals for the miles or cash rebate and then try to resell those items at a profit.
- Singapore Airlines now lets you pre-order meals on all routes worldwide choosing from the items on that flight’s onboard member, even for routes where Book the Cook which lets you choose from a broader menu is not available.
- During construction of a new baggage system at Houston’s Intercontinental airport United will be manually sorting bags. What could possibly go wrong? (HT: Sexy_kitten7)
During construction and installation of the new system, United will shut down one terminal baggage handling system at a time, requiring employees to manually take bags to a covered area on the tarmac, sort them and then deliver them to the planes.
Cox said United would find ways to make sure the construction doesn’t delay baggage delivery or affect the airline’s performance.
- Since American Airlines already has a relationship with John Legend how can they not start working with Chrissy Teigen to plan their inflight meals? Come on, American, don’t get outmaneuvered by Delta on this.