News notes from around the interweb:
- Analyzing United’s 13% year-over-year schedule cut “1/3 of United’s routes were decreased or exited. Additionally, United removed the equivalent of 92% of Spirit’s or 138% of Frontier’s April networks.” Based on Scott Kirby’s comments today, expect cuts to be even greater for May.
- New cleaning regimens at Pittsburgh airport and Charleston. It’s mostly airlines that have been in the news, but airports are stepping up too.
- DFW Airport is discounting March landing fees by 16% this helps American Airlines the most. They are also offering “select retailers” in the international terminal (D) a discount on concession fees.
- Singapore Airlines requiring all cabin crew to wear face masks after one flight attendant contracts coronavirus.
- How airlines make meals for thousands of people.
- People used to buy air travel on schedule and price. Now airlines are advertising cleanliness. We’ve entered uncharted territory folks.