News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hollywood Reporter‘s premium trancson trip report they flew Los Angeles – New York back-to-back-to-back-to-back on American, JetBlue, Delta and United. American’s first class was the best product, JetBlue Mint was best value, and United p.s. was at the bottom. That’s a reasonable overall take. (All outperform Virgin America on this route, of course.)
- All Details About the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
- Apropos of nothing, Sudan has just been removed from the list of countries in Africa on the American AAdvantage oneworld and partner award chart.
- Behind the airport lounge design process
“The easiest part of my job is the beginning of a project, when you feel you have the good answer for the purpose and all the dreams are allowed.”
- Ordering a birthday cake on Cathay Pacific
- Delta called police on a customer, but only after the employee was actually assaulted.
- Apparently United Polaris ice cream dishes were cracking sending shards of glass into the ice cream. United has reportedly temporarily removed ice cream sundaes and is instead serving ice cream in its container.
- Heston Blumenthal explains why airline food is generally quite bad (well, except on these airlines), hat tip @asymmetricinfo