News and notes from around the interweb:
- The new concourse which replaces dreaded gate 35X at Washington National airport is expected to open this summer.
The nearly completed concourse will connect to Terminal C and have 14 gates, an American Airlines Admirals Club lounge and more than 14,000 square feet of retail and food offerings. Among the restaurants expected to occupy the new building: Elevation Burger, Mezeh Mediterranean Grill and Founding Farmers.
- What the new Alila Hinu Bay in Mirbat will look like Hyatt’s new property opens in Oman in “early 2021.” Looking forward to this one.
- Days Inn guest thought staff was out to get him so he lit the place on fire.
- I didn’t have unboxing a new Verizon Visa on my 2020 bingo card, did you?
- Eating and drinking banned on domestic flights in Thailand sipping water is permitted when medically necessary, but first requires being moved to a different section of the aircraft. Masks on!
- More hotel killings: Christmas Day homicide at the Hyatt Place Denver Downtown and a at the Four Points Dania Beach in Florida.
- The best things about Hawaii flights (in non-Covid cutback times) are the Aloha nut mix and King’s Hawaiian Rolls. Kings Hawaiian, though, is being sued for not actually making its rolls in Hawaii… by a New Yorker.