News notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 Aeroplan miles for new members who join and complete their first earn activity by July 31
- Visiting countries that do not exist
- Cathay Pacific realizes parked planes need to be stored in the desert, not hot and humid Hong Kong
- American Airlines mechanic arrested for smuggling cocaine has this as his defense: “Somehow the government had planted scam cocaine in the plane, which he said wasn’t supposed to be there and went over and touched it and they arrested him.”
- Gogo will offer air-to-ground wifi down to 3000 feet
- The first female US airline pilot has passed away at age 80
- Burger King will stamp Swedish passports and provide holders with free burgers because nothing reminds me of international travel like eating Burger King burgers at home. Oh, wait.
- Etihad has flown each of its Airbus A380s in the past month without passengers.
- Comparison of measures different airlines are taking to limit spread of COVID-19