News and notes from around the interweb:
- Turkish Airways, Air Canada, Copa, and TAP Air Portugal are all offering to status match Avianca Amigo Amigo Gold or Diamond members. (HT: @FlyingDutchBlog)
- $2000 bonus for upgrading to Chase Private Client requires $250k transferring into Chase and must keep the assets there for 90 days. Must act by November 19. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
Copyright: jetcityimage / 123RF Stock Photo
- SkyTeam member Garuda Indonesia is selling Platinum status though I can’t imagine anyone based in the U.S. would want it.
- Lufthansa may not take Boeing 777Xs after all and this is the plane that was going to get the new business class that allowed Lufthansa to become a Skytrax 5-Star airline (even though Skytrax had previously said to count a product needed to be available across most of an airline’s fleet, leading to speculation that consulting revenue was driving ratings).
- Hotel occupancy down year over year this may point to an overall slowdown, but occupancy is still at an historically elevated level. Directionally though we may be headed towards more lucrative promotions to put heads in beds.
- Thomas Cook’s UK airport slots go to easyJet and Jet2. Willie Walsh is punching air.
- I’ve written before about complimentary upgrades to premium economy for American Airlines Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey members (and for Platinum Pros on Hawaii and Alaska routes) if available at the airport. Here’s the current version of the rule, which is consistent with what I’ve posted in the past.
present version: pic.twitter.com/f8dxsAZsAV
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) November 8, 2019