News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest, which doesn’t automatically generate all flight connecting options or publish its schedule out a full 11 months at a time currently, is going to go with a new reservation system for its domestic flying to match what they’re doing with international. This is desperately needed, but transitions are never smooth…
- Avis is offer 750 American miles on a 2-day rental and up to 2500 for a 5 day rental.
- It’s a good thing I have plans to visit Buenos Aires later this year!
- Etihad a revolutionary new premium product for their upcoming A380 aircraft including a 3-room ‘residence’. Now Emirates claims to be doing the same thing only there are no renderings or specs — just an announcement made the same day that Etihad made theirs. I’m currently working out the over/under on how long until Qatar reveals they’ve actually had their multi-room suite under development longer than anyone else, but just wasn’t willing to give into the marketing hype by releasing it early. (HT: Ben)
- Speaking of Qatar, they’re offering 7500 bonus miles each way for flying Miami-Doha in economy (double that for business class).