News notes from around the interweb:
- REAL ID requirements were always going to be extended due to the election. The government was never going to hassle people across the country when they tried to fly one month before they voted for President. However I told you that COVID-19 would be the excuse used. That turned out to be correct. The federal government has not yet announced a new compliance deadline.
- Hotels offering quarantine packages
- I remembered to cancel my Gogo monthly inflight internet subscription. I’ve suggested companies like this should be extending service free right now, or they’ll lose customers they might not get back. CLEAR doesn’t seem to be getting that message, however.
Just got an email from @Clear saying my membership is up for renewal. Thanks for extending my membership term due to all travel being on hold.
Oh wait. They didn't.
Time to cancel.
— Neil Enns (@DaneCreekPhoto) March 23, 2020
- Too soon, China Southern.
What style of travelling do you prefer? A. to meander without a set itinerary B. to check-off all the must-see landmarks
— China Southern (@CSAIRGlobal) March 22, 2020
- The last Air New Zealand Heathrow flight. Even if you weren’t a big NZ fan I bet you’ll shed a tear.