I don’t know how y’all feel, but I really like the Dallas Fort Worth airport.
- It’s generally clean, the international D terminal is especially bright, and I like the remodeled A gates.
- It’s just an impressive place, the airport grounds are larger than all of Manhattan.
- The American Express Centurion lounge there is the best airport lounge in the United States. There’s complimentary spa services, a good bar, and nice buffet.
- Dickey’s barbecue near gate C6 is pretty good, as far as airport barbecue goes — it’s better than the Salt Lick in the airport, and even better than the Salt Lick at the Austin airport.
- The Grand Hyatt DFW to terminal D is certainly the best hotel attached to an airport in the U.S.
I also find the airport management to be fairly innovative and customer-focused.
Via Milepoint, DFW Airport is offering free shipping on gifts you buy there through December 24.
Many airports host gift-wrapping stations during the holiday travel season to encourage and help out travelers doing some last-minute shopping on the fly.
But this year Dallas/Fort Worth International is upping the ante and not just wrapping gifts purchased at the airport; it’s offering to ship gifts purchased at the airport for free.
…Launched Nov. 22, the “You Shop, We Ship” program is in effect through Dec. 24, and is available to travelers who purchase an item valued at $50, $75, $100 or more, depending on the concessionaire.
Purchases over $50 are also eligible for free wrapping at the airport gift wrap station.