I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
New and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Canada passengers thought they were buying up to business class ultimately kicked off after a brouhaha when they had only purchased preferred seats in coach.
- Capital One is partnering with Taylor Swift on the excellent Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card cash rebate card which offers 4% on dining and entertainment. Cardholders get a special Taylor Swift pre-order opportunity. Here’s the new commercial:
- Southwest Airlines pulling out of Newark. Southwest was given 36 of Continental’s Newark slots as a condition of the United-Continental merger, though it’s now gates that are the primary constraint at the airport.
- The CIA wrote a manual on how spy pilots could avoid having to use the bathroom while flying (HT: Gregory M.) Here are some other CIA travel tips.
- Novel phishing attack against American Express cardmembers
- Allegiant Airlines will sell its golf course management software business who knew they were even in that sector?
- BWI Airport will get a Minute Suites on Concourse C, most accessible to Southwest and American passengers. American Express-issued Priority Pass cards will still offer Minute Suites access.
- World’s first guitar-shaped hotel is now accepting reservations