Delta continues to attack United hubs with cheap business class fares to Europe.
You can fly business class from Newark to several European destinations, including Stockholm, Lisbon, Prague, Warsaw, Zurich, Athens and more (including open jaw itineraries into one city and back from another) from $1445 roundtrip.
Apparently though the fares are not available to the UK (as London is an especially high revenue market), France, the Netherlands, or Italy — the home markets of Delta revenue-sharing joint venture partners where presumably they’re able to earn a revenue premium by offering the bulk of non-stop service.
Loyalty Traveler highlights many of the destinations and available dates — where you are paying mostly fuel surcharge.
Fare basis ZKXP72US isn’t a mistake fare, it’s advertised as ‘shoulder season midweek business class’ in the fare rules.
- Outbound travel is permitted Tuesday through Friday, return travel must be Monday through Thursday.
- It’s valid for outbound travel between August 23 and October 29, and requires 21 day advance purchase (a moot requirement, since it’s more than two months out from first allowable travel and the fare expires June 7 unless pulled earlier).
- There’s a 7 day minimum stay and one month maximum stay allowed.
- Interestingly, infant fares are free.
IF INFANT 0-1 WITHOUT A SEAT. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TRAVEL PER DIRECTION.
- But there is a $450 change fee.
Per Loyalty Traveler there’s another fare which allows travel throughout the fall and winter with the exception of the December/New Years holiday period. In fact, Loyalty Traveler even gives you links to pre-filled out searches which pull up these fares.