News and notes from around the interweb:
- A genius speaks: Denise Richards ‘regrets’ her maskless onboard selfie where she claimed wearing a hoodie and a winter jacket was more protective because those are thicker.
on a jet plane Anyone that is upset that I Not wearing a mask I’m hiding under a hoody and a huge winter coat. Please. Thicker than any mask!!!!!!
- ‘Something more modern that still has a premium feel‘
— Mike Oxmall (@_mike_oxmall_) December 21, 2021
Update: some folks didn’t like the joke here.
- American Airlines board adopts takeover poison pill in the guise of preserving tax benefits, a similar tactic was threatened to scare away Qatar Airways from buying a stake in American but curiously not used when Warren Buffett invested…
- Doesn’t realize ‘taking a selfie’ isn’t one of the permitted reasons for taking off mask
— Sean Campbell (@SeanCam59238357) December 21, 2021
- Police Search for Couple Who Left O’Hare With Stolen Kittens They Pulled From Garbage Can
- Interesting sidenote from the SimplyMiles 5x deal, there’s a mini-ethical stir over Thomas Friedman columns talking about Conservation International since his family foundation is a major benefactor of the charity.