News and notes from around the interweb:
- The most lucrative miles for flowers offers
- The design strategies behind the most innovative new airplane seats. (HT: @A_W_Gordon)
- Chihuahua runs free in LAX terminal.
- Turkish Airlines is selling miles at 1.84 cents apiece through June 30 (up to 50,000 miles can be purchased per account each calendar year). Use a card with no foreign transaction fees if you buy. Changes are coming to the program June 1. I don’t expect that Turkish metal business class roundtrips between Los Angeles and Istanbul will cost 70,000 miles any longer. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!
Gary, the Turkish Airlines offer sounds tempting (50k miles for less than $1000) but for someone starting with zero miles in the program, is there any easy way to get the extra 20k miles necessary for a Business Class LAX-IST redemption? Looks like neither Membership Rewards or Starwood transters to Turkish…
Hi, Gary! I am a little confused on how many miles you can purchase per year. Is it 50K+25K(50% bonus) or a total of 50K?? THX!
Gary, TK already announced the new mileage levels. You need to stay more on top of these things if you’re going to post about TK. LAX-IST will now be 90K miles roundtrip along with all other Star Alliance metal.
The prices on the linked website are in Euro cents, not US, so expect the cost to be higher than expected if purchasing on this side of the pond.
@Mike – I converted from Euro cents to US
@Bryan – I have previously written that they were eliminating the Turkish-only awards. But they’re also launching their new program June 1 and I am not confident there won’t be more changes than we already know about.
@Jason – 50k+bonus.