News and notes from around the interweb:
- 17 things you should never do on a plane
- An entire generation of Americans has no idea how easy air travel used to be
- Radisson has a promo to reward award stays, register and earn a free night certificate for every 2 nights you stay on points through end of year, up to 5 free nights that can be used January 17 – May 23, 2022.
Redemptions in category 1-3 hotels earn a category 1-3 free night, while category 4 and 5 redemptions receive a free night at any Radisson Rewards property.
- Now that the airline cash grab is fully in the rear view mirror, Delta CEO Ed Bastian felt free to say at the Cowen Global Transportation & Sustainable Mobility Conference on Thursday, “Whether there had been the CARES Act or not, we told our people we weren’t going to furlough.” So why exactly were taxpayers a piñata?
- One-third of ‘buy now, pay later’ services fall behind on payments, relevant because about 15% of people finance vacation packages purchased from airlines.
- Miami airport boasts world’s first Covid-sniffing dogs, world’s first of course except for the airports that have been using them since a year ago. Results are statistically indistinguishable from PCR tests.