News and notes from around the interweb:
- Frontier eliminates its 800 number. This should save the airline $2 million a year — and seems totally reasonable to me. When is the last time you paid for domestic long distance? (I haven’t even had a home land line in ~ 15 years.)
- 100 free Marriott points for a quick survey (HT: Points, Miles & Martinis)
- Bonus Japan Airlines Mileage Bank miles when crediting high-priced American transpacific flights to JAL. JAL and American are revenue-sharing joint venture partners across the Pacific. Registration is required, offer valid for travel September 1 through December 15, and available on the following routes: (HT: Frequent Flyer Bonuses)
·Tokyo (Narita) – Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Los Angeles routes
·Seoul (Incheon) – Dallas/Fort Worth route
·Hong Kong – Dallas/Fort Worth route
·Shanghai – Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Los Angeles routes
·Beijing – Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago routes
- When flying Air France business class you can buy first class lounge access in Paris for 300 euros per person.
- Thai Airways has postponed the elimination of Rome service until February 1. The airline had planned on ending the route October 26.
- Iraqi Airways has been banned from the EU.
[D]ocumentation such as operational manuals had to be submitted to EASA. Iraqi Airways had failed to provide this documentation, Ky said.
“Furthermore, after the receipt of your TCO application, EASA has received credible and specific safety reports containing examples of alleged failures to comply with applicable international (ICAO) safety standards by Iraqi Airways and the Iraqi CAA.”
just spoke to Ryan at Marriott Rewards (1-800-321-7396) and he informed me that the survey your linked to about getting 100 points is not authorized by Marriott and he told me that they could not be giving 100 Marriott points for the people completing the survey. Actually the survey does not state explicitly that they are giving 100 Marriott Rewards points. They may only be giving 100 of the survey company’s points. In fact, it may simply be a scam page that is trying to get your Marriott reward account number to book a room stay.
Thank you anyway, for your daily emails. I do appreciate a lot of your recommendations.
Thanks Harvey Mechanic! Without your post, I would have jumped on this 100 pt survey.
Gary, I enjoy your posts, keep up the good work.
Marriott Survey UNRELIABLE
Applied for the 100 Marriott Survey link above which promised to award 100 points and reactive account expiration date in 4-6 weeks. Another person also emailed me stating they had applied but neither of us got points.
Gary Leff was contacted as there is NO confirmation email just a web page saying confirmed. marriott Rewards is unaware of this survey and won’t honor.
Gary Leff says he feels it’s a valid offer but offers no way to contact the 3rd party link on his web site.
Why is the Marriott Survey link still on View From The Wing web site if it’s now closed?
Survey doesn’t seem to be reliable and nobody will check this out making links unreliable on this web page.