News and notes from around the interweb:
- New airline aha! launches with a hub in Reno, Nevada using high seat cost regional jets on leisure routes. What could possibly go on? In fairness they are not the first airline to hub in Reno.
“aha! is a leisure brand of ExpressJet Airlines. aha! seeks to provide travelers in smaller communities, many who have seen air service reduced over the past decade through airline mergers, with convenient, short, nonstop flights to…”
Here’s aha!’s Embraer 145 livery. pic.twitter.com/g8muw5nbJ1
— Ishrion Aviation (@IshrionA) September 29, 2021
- Cathay Pacific increases baggage allowances on paid fares but not on award tickets.
- Until April Qantas flights to Los Angeles from Sydney and Melbourne will leave in the late afternoon instead of morning and arrive late afternoon at LAX, in order to reduce time on the ground. This means more efficient aircraft utilization and lower airport charges. However this same tactic for other long haul destinations will not be good for connections.
- American Airlines will restart Australia flights in January
- Qatar Airways will start flying 5 Airbus A380s again in November It’s the only Qatar Airways widebody offering first class, and has a spectacular business class bar.
- Caesars is surveying potential new credit card benefits
- How to handle feet on your arm rest.
- The Southwest Airlines Disney World 50th anniversary plane
Meet the newest magical livery in our fleet! This Boeing 737-700 aircraft is a high-flying tribute to 50 years of both Southwest and @WaltDisneyWorld Resort connecting People to the magic and moments that matter most. #Southwest50 #DisneyWorld50 (1/2) pic.twitter.com/l2a3qVazGq
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) September 28, 2021