News notes from around the interweb:
- Here’s how to re-create your first class trip at home while you’re grounded.
- A reader who had recently status matched to Alaska Airlines’ MVP Gold 75K status “called [Wednesday] and they allowed .. to rescind the challenge with no penalty and back to automatic 75 when I call back to start.” Not a bad tip for someone in a similar position.
- Air Canada Aeroplan allows free cancellation of awards through March 31, pauses expiration of miles through May 14 and adds e-upgrades to elite accounts since many will expire unused.
- The American Airlines Paris team ‘au revoir’
- Something else that was always going to get delayed anyway that can now be blamed on the novel coronavirus? Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
Credit: Muns, via Wikimedia Commons
- LAX oneworld business class lounge will close at the end of the month
- American Airlines is moving regional flying to in-house fully owned carriers, and Compass Airlines is going out of business.
— Robbie Barnhart (@CaptainBobbie) March 19, 2020