News notes from around the interweb:
- More slot squatting, Vasu? American Airlines wants to add more Miami – Havana flying.
- How Wilbur Wright’s run in with a future serial killer led to his interest in aviation
The stick belonged to a working-class boy named Oliver Crook Haugh, the neighborhood bully. While we’ll never know whether the blow was intentional or accidental, we do know that Haugh was a psychopath who was likely addicted to the cocaine drops, available over the counter in the late 19th century, he took for his severe toothaches. Years after striking Wilbur Wright, Haugh would become a serial murderer, one who was electrocuted in 1906 for killing at least 16 people, including his own family. So it goes.
Haugh’s blow sent Wilbur’s life spiraling in a new direction.
- Lola.com is giving out $50 Amazon gift cards for watching a 20 minute demo of heir business travel tool. Your company has to have at least 3 business travelers, fewer than 1000 employees, be located in the U.S. and your role has to involve travel management or travel spend reporting.
- John McCain’s son will become a lobbyist for American Airlines
- Chase surveying new benefits for the Hyatt card
- South African Airways gets more emergency funding
Copyright: tupungato / 123RF Stock Photo