News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hyatt announced that their peak/off-peak award pricing devaluation would happen in “mid-October for stays in March 2022 onward.” It’s now… mid-October. And Hyatt tells me,
[T]his is still scheduled for October to see off-peak and peak pricing for stays in March 2022 and beyond.
More to come very soon!
- Port Authority of New York New Jersey ‘hits the brakes’ on the LaGuardia AirTrain to nowhere. This was Andrew Cuomo’s white elephant, and they chose a circuitous route rather than single train service to the city because it was the politically feasible, fastest path to approval, not because it was a good idea. Now they’re re-thinking it. The challenge will be avoiding just concluding it’s all they can do and moving forward anyway.
- United bonusing all active employees $1000
- The Air New Zealand Boeing 787 vaccine clinic
- A federal judge halted United’s plan to put unvaccinated workers with an exemption (religious, medical) on unpaid leave.