News and notes from around the interweb:
- When IHG Rewards Club announces their discounted short-term 5000 point per night ‘PointBreaks’ redemptions, you need to act fast as the most popular hotels sell out quickly. Lots of folks put down points to cover any possible night they’d need, making separate reservations.
IHG is pushing back on this, and changing their terms to say you can only book 2 reservations per hotel using PointsBreaks during each offer period. The idea is to prevent folks from sitting on (or bartering) reservations. A pain for some, will help avoid too many cancellations for participating hotels, and should help others to get in on the deal too.
- 300 free Lufthansa Miles & More miles for adding your frequent flyer account to Facebook.
- New website for getting the best deals on hotel suites
- India is changing visa outsourcing companies again. I suppose it can’t be worse. Visa on Arrival for US citizens, if it actually happens, cannot come soon enough.
- Getting around Visa gift card issues at Walmart
- Aer Lingus cabin crew wanted 32 more days off