News and notes from around the interweb:
- United will no longer let customers change itineraries when their flights are going to be full, and end to the pandemic flexibility practice that was United’s excuse for not blocking middle seats.
- I was surprised to see Don Casey appear with Derek Kerr and Robert Isom at the Bernstein conference on Thursday since American Airlines announced his retirement last June with his staying on through end of 2020 as an advisor. That move was even described as helping to drive giving responsibility for revenue to Vasu Raja.
- Instagram model caught faking her trip in Emirates business class she was actually flying coach.
- The story of the Singapore Airlines Concorde
- Hurdles still facing Boom Aerospace after United’s order.
- Major airline labor leader purged from his position
- New use for masks, since you don’t need them except when you’re flying (you’re vaccinated, right?):
— WCBS Newsradio 880 (@wcbs880) June 3, 2021