News and notes from around the interweb:
- New Lufthansa ‘Mileage Bargains’ are out 55,000 miles roundtrip US to Warsaw in business class.
Unfortunately outside of crediting flight miles to Miles & More or using their co-brand credit card there are now limited opportunities for US-based members to earn miles in the program.
- The American Airlines flight attendants union on internal corruption
- The Trump Hotel DC has been sold and converted to a Waldorf Astoria. But while Trump signage is gone, it was a quick conversion, and still looks like a Trump gold-plated hotel
- I seem to recall this was the reason Ben Baldanza opposed compensating passengers for service failures when he was CEO of Spirit Airlines. (HT: @crucker)
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) June 6, 2022
- This is no longer acceptable on any airline.
@AmericanAir needs to do better rather than this bread sandwich and no dairy free options for first class/ business class. They should take some lessons from @Delta on meal selections. #airplanefood #firstclass #businessclass #executiveplatinum pic.twitter.com/PKCz8fwu5v
— C (@cpopdontstop) June 6, 2022
- Errors in the original Top Gun
- Canberra, Australia airport filed lawsuit to overturn mask mandate I can’t speak to legal issues here, I’m not sure what the rule is supposed to accomplish at this point when almost no other mitigation measures remain in place, but I at least appreciate that young children aren’t required to mask.