News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines reports 98.5% vaccination among employees
- Scammers are phishing travel agencies and using their credentials to book unauthorized airline tickets
- Airline slot squatting is bad for the environment, schedule flights to avoid losing slots. However the answer isn’t to waive ‘use it or lose it’ rules. The answer is not to treat slots is free gifts from the government to favored airlines. Airlines should lease slots for a defined period of time through a competitive bidding process.
- What happens when ICE drops asylum-seekers off at the Atlanta airport
- I’ve found cruise coverage at The Points Guy rather odd, but this piece “Why I feel safer now on a cruise ship than in my home town” to miss the point. People may be vaxxed and there may be covid tests, but the biggest risk seems to be to the itinerary and having to quarantine on the ship for longer than anticipated…
- A Marriott Courtyard was removing all suite inventory on the day of check-in and only selling suites through third party sites, in order to avoid being required to offer upgrades.
- British boxer claims he was kicked off of American Airlines flight in a mask row because he’s Pakistani.