News and notes from around the interweb:
- Maximizing Japan Airlines miles
- The US is moving to limit Cuba’s access to aircraft ostensibly as revenge for supporting the disastrous Maduro regime in Venezuela.
- Earn up to 50% bonus Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles when booking flights online
- Detroit airport will now allow non-passengers through security in limited numbers and at limited times.
- Four flight attendants arrested in quantitative easing scheme
- 9th Circuit upholds “no-fly” procedures & criteria
- Statistics on airplane crashes
Crashes have been cut by more than half since 1982 (3,593 down to 1,581)
Landing (20,330 crashes) and takeoff (16,061 crashes) are, by far, the most likely parts of air travel for accidents to happen, but crashes that occur during maneuvering (6,994 fatalities) and cruising (6,994 fatalities) are the most deadly.
[The m]ost crashes occurred in Anchorage, AL (528 crashes)
…54% of all aviation accidents involved a Cessna, Piper, or Beech.