A King Bed Business Suite which comes with club lounge access is ~ €595 when searching the IHG Rewards website with country set to U.S. and language English.
Change the setting to Germany and German, and the rate drops to €185. This is available across a huge variety of dates. Fortunately Google Chrome has built-in translation.
The room is also available on points.
- 40,000 points per night
- 35,000 points + € 40 . 00 EUR per night
- 30,000 points + € 70 . 00 EUR per night
Other lesser room types are more expensive.
- A double bed Executive Deluxe room is €185 on the date I searched.
- A (non-suite) Club double room is €243 on the date I searched.
- A double bed deluxe junior suite with club access is €525 for the same date.
I’m not sure this is a good enough deal to prompt a trip to Madrid. But if you have plans to be in Spain anyway, it’s a fantastic offer.
I wouldn’t make other non-refundable travel plans around this, though, for some time until we see whether or not the hotel will honor the room type booked at a price equivalent to what they seem to be getting for base level rooms.