New and notes from around the interweb:
- Inflight Internet players prepare for realities of free browsing model Delta’s two week trial proved that the infrastructure may not yet be ready.
- Apple credit card adds Uber and UberEats as a 3% earning category. Ironically the Uber Visa earns just 2%. The card still diverges from Steve Jobs’ vision and is less rewarding than the best rewards products.
- Excellent long read: The near-crash of Air Canada flight 759 (with apologies to the person on twitter who shared this that I’ve since lost track of)
- JAL and ANA divvying up a bunch of new slots at Tokyo Haneda airport
- American Airlines will pay $22.1 million fine for falsifying mail records Oops. Even before the Kelly Act the US Postal Service has been providing subsidies to airlines. American will have to give a small portion of those back.
- Saudia Accused of Complicity in Forced and Summary Deportation of Thousands of Refugees