News and notes from around the interweb:
- American isn’t just cutting at New York JFK, they’re cutting at LaGuardia too
- The people who read your airline tweets
- Etihad is eliminating Tehran service, with its last flight January 23. This seems significant. The UAE and Saudi Arabia on one side and Iran on another compete for regional influence. (The decision could be based on demand, but limitations on demand may result from the escalating tensions between these countries.)
- Brazilian drug cartel was duplicating luggage tags of unwitting passengers to ship cocaine
- How credit cards changed the way we spend (HT: Doctor of Credit) Excellent Tim Harford piece.
- Korean Air nut rage executive wins appeal, avoids jail
- The pilot of the final air berlin transatlantic flight was investigated for his landing maneuver ending an era with a ‘peace out’. He’s been cleared.