News and notes from around the interweb:
- How data science and machine learning helped American Airlines cut its gate-planning time by 90% and reduce its annual fuel consumption by 1 million gallons
- Yup, still lines there.
Curious whether the line for the @Delta Skyclub @ JFK T4 will still be this long after new access policies go into effect in Feb. To Delta's credit, line was run v efficiently, and once inside it's far from crazy. pic.twitter.com/o5X8MWSHYl
— Alberto Riva (@Albertoriva) January 29, 2023
- Etihad Airbus A380 coming out of storage!
— Aeropuerto de Teruel, vuela la innovación (@aeropuerteruel) January 30, 2023
- Delta elites earn more miles with Hertz, plus SkyMiles Platinum and Diamond members get Hertz Presidents Club which is available to anyone with a Venture X or Amex Platinum card already.
Some of you are going to say you’ll never rent from Hertz because Hertz sends customers to jail, and doubles down refusing to admit mistakes (or else the police won’t believe them in the future when they file false reports). But Hertz sends people to jail who never even rented from them. So if you’re going to wind up in jail anyway, you might as well at least get a car rental out of it?
- Dude is an avgeek.
PLS 😭😭😭😭😭😭🤣😭 pic.twitter.com/N38vOYFwZW
— MAYA PINYIN (@wowihateamerica) January 29, 2023
- Do we think charging for guest access effective February 1 is going to change this?
- When the Port Authority of New York New Jersey adopted rules to let them kick the homeless out of New York airports they pretended it had something to do with changing travel patterns and the pandemic (even though they never quite explained what it had to do with those things).
In Palm Springs they’re kicking the homeless out of the airport because there are homeless people who are sleeping in the airport (!). (HT: Dan R.)
- Justice Department collecting depositions for its lawsuit to stop the JetBlue acquisition of Spirit Airlines.