News notes from around the interweb:
- Lufthansa’s bailout of Alitalia falls apart because they wouldn’t invest without restructuring the airline, and the government can’t abide job losses at the basket case airline.
- There’s a new spa provider and new treatments at the Qantas first class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne Hot stones massage!
- Virgin Australia business class catering cutbacks
- Making customers’ lives difficult in order to upsell them is an odd business plan and this applies equally to TSA (PreCheck) and major U.S. airlines (basic economy)
- How Disney’s Celebration, Florida became a dystopian nightmare (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Americans are increasingly retiring to Vietnam for low cost of living (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Successful in-flight surgery using fork, knife, coat hanger, and cognac (HT: Paul H.)