News and notes from around the interweb:
- Joe Biden’s campaign plane is an ex-SAS and bmi Boeing 737 that also once belonged to former Aeroflot regional carrier Aeroflot Nord (now Smartavia).
- Why is American Airlines so infuriating? Rough coverage from Texas Monthly for a home town airline.
- $140,000 worth of Chinese bongs were seized at Washington Dulles airport “41 boxes containing 8,387 glass and silicone smoking pipes”
- American Airlines ‘give us billions of taxpayer money or we can’t afford to pay our employees.’ Also American Airlines Group:
- Remember when cruises were a thing?
- Starting October 21 United Airlines will start flying San Francisco – Shanghai non-stop. They’ve been connecting in Seoul with a change of crew – who work Seoul – Shanghai – Seoul. That way they can avoid overnighting people in China and dealing with quarantine issues there. San Francisco – Shanghai is United’s ‘Apple Shuttle’.
- Grounded by Covid, Road Warriors Ponder Life Without Travel (WSJ, HT: Jeff W.)