News and notes from around the interweb:
- The air travel recovery macademia nut index. Note also the return of cooling gel pillows to United’s transcon flights in business class.
Folks, @united is seeing real domestic recovery. How do I know? It’s not the flowery press releases. The tell is the internal catering updates. When the Hawaiian Host macadamia nuts return, you know business is improving. pic.twitter.com/2YBJUXZJhR
— Brian Sumers (@BrianSumers) March 26, 2021
- A week and a half ago JetBlue accidentally leaked that they’d be able to serve London Heathrow and now they actually have slots starting in August.
- Delta extending travel credits through 2022
- After I leaked Delta’s plans for putting tickets and upgrades on layaway financing with American Express, the airline is threatening legal action against members of its survey panel for similar future leaks.
- Airport concessions are re-opening in Orlando but HMS Host won’t even let the old employees re-apply for their jobs back (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- The UK’s new £50 note celebrates Alan Turing with lots of geeky Easter eggs (HT: Marginal Revolution)